The purpose of UWBR’s Finance Committee is to assist the Board of Directors in meeting their fiduciary responsibilities. The committee is intended to (1) Enhance adequate Board understanding of the organization’s financial position and performance; (2) Assist in ensuring agency stewardship, transparency and accountability related to use of resources; (3) Help craft Board level policy decisions regarding human resources, facilities and infrastructure.
- Have personal integrity, intelligence, and appreciation of the values of United Way.
- Will have no business financial interests that will conflict with the decisions of the Committee.
- Attend meetings as often as necessary, but not less than quarterly.
- Recommend Board policies and procedures, and monitor performance in the areas of: Financial Operations, Budgeting, Investments and Risk Management
- Function as the Audit Committee for the organization including: xamination of the annual audited financial statements prior to UWBR board approval, participation in the process of selecting CPA/Auditing Firm when agreements end.
- Serve as a professional representative on behalf of United Way, championing the mission and ultimately strengthening United Way’s financial operations and sustainability.
View Building and Property Committee Description Here
Sherri Stumpf - Blackhawk Community Credit Union, Chair
Derek Hahn - BMO Harris Bank
Al Hulick - City of Milton
Geoff Rand - First National Bank & Trust
Jan Compton - UWBR staff liaison